Guidance Department


Your Guidance Counsellor for the 2021-2022 School Year

Guidance Department Important Information:

Please feel free to e-mail, call or book an appointment to visit the Guidance Office. As the School Counsellor, I am here to assist students in the following areas:

  • Career and Academic Advising
  • Diploma Progression, Timetable Setup or Changes
  • Social-Emotional Supports through Personal/Small Group Counselling or In-school Workshops
  • Referrals to Outside Support Services for Students and/or Families


  • High school planning and programming
  • Timetabling for student success
  • On-going individual academic support
  • Post-secondary programs' information
  • Student advocacy
  • Career exploration
  • Scholarship support/guidance
  • Track and provide support for at-risk students
  • Develop programming and monitor diploma progression for high school students


  • Short term counselling and urgent crisis management services are offered. Students requiring ongoing or long-term therapy are requested to ask for referral information and contact appropriate outside agencies or your health-care provider, (ie: through a family physician or Access Mental Health or other agencies), to ensure long-term supports can be put into place (403)943-1500
  • Relationship counselling (peer, teacher, parent, and family)
  • Social/Emotional
  • Mediation Resolution
  • Referrals to other outside agencies and services as required
  • Consultation with parents
  • Grief Counselling
  • Depression Issues
  • Anxiety Issues
  • Self-awareness/Self-regulation
  • Career Exploration


Alternative Programs Student Applications

2022-2023 Building Futures Airdrie Application Link

2022 -2023 Mechanics Training Centre Student Application Link

2022-2023 Farm Student Application Link

Mental Health and Community Supports

Some common numbers we provide to student's and their families to access Mental Health Supports include:

  • Access Mental Health: call 403-943-1500 or WALK IN (Tuesday and Thursdays 1-3:30pm at AHS Annex Building)
  • Health Link: 811
  • Distress Centre: Phone 403-266-4357 (24 hrs) or online counselling @
  • Free 24 Hour Family Violence Helpline: 403-234-7233 (SAFE) to speak with a counsellor or to access the Child, Youth and Family Support Programs or other appropriate services.
  • Woods Homes CRT: Text: 587-315-5000 (24 hrs) or Phone: 1-800-563-6106
  • Connect Teen: Phone 403-264-8336 (24 hrs) or Text: 587-333-2724 (Evenings/Weekends)
  • Kid's Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (24 hr, bilingual)
  • Suicide Prevention Line: 1-800-784-2433 (24 hrs)
  • Centre for Sexuality: Phone: 403-283-5580
  • Calgary Hospice Children's Grief Counselling
  • Non Suicidal Self Injury Parent Information Sheet click here
Form Folder Rocky View Teachers' Scholarship
Time to Choose Your Post-Secondary Education
With myPass you can order high school transcripts, view diploma exam marks, register to write or rewrite diploma exams with online payment, view and print Detailed Academic Reports (DAR), view progress towards a high school credential (diploma or certificate), view/update student personal information, order additional copies of an awarded credential in English or French, request diploma exam re-scores, view and print letters of confirmation of name, age and enrollment, and provide third-party (including parents and guardians) access to student’s myPass account
Rutherford Scholarship
This link provides information for families on applying for the Rutherford Scholarship
High School Transcript Requests
How to Request an Official High School Transcript (Detailed Academic Report):
Diploma Prep Courses
Diploma Prep Courses for exams are available through various exam prep services. Here are some websites where students can inquire about support with Diploma Preparation:
Document Actions